2012 Emergency Preparation and Response Calendar
Jasper Durling who is in Year 2 at Parap Primary School was the first of thirteen Territory school children to receive an iPad 2 and an emergency kit today for his winning drawing representing natural disasters.
Thirteen talented school children will have their drawings featured in the 2012 Emergency Preparation and Response Calendar which was launched today.
The calendar is the first of its kind for the NT and a great tool to get everyone, particularly children and their parents, thinking about how to prepare for natural disasters.
There were 700 entries from right across the Territory and the judges had a tough job.
All of the 13 winning entries will receive an iPad 2 and an emergency kit.
The creation of the emergency preparation calendar is funded by the Australian and Northern Territory Governments through the Northern Territory Natural Disaster Resilience Program.
- Cover - Rachael Campbell, Year 6, Ludmilla Primary School
- January - Jasper Durling, Year 2, Parap Primary School
- February - Georgia Auricht, Year 3, Alice Springs School of the Air
- March - Kyle Bambra, Age 10, Nemarluk School
- April - Billy Kaiser, Year 5/6, Bees Creek Primary School
- May - Moesha McCormick, Year 5/6 Gillen Primary School
- June - Paddy Cahill, Year T/1, Jabiru Area School
- July - Casey Snelling, Year 2, Alice Springs School of the Air
- August - Cameron Smith, Year 4 Alice Springs School of the Air
- September - Kyla Fang, Year 5/6 Millner Primary School
- October - Mary Dumoo, Year 2 OLSH Thamarrurr Catholic School
- November - Olive Griffin, Year 3, Nhulunbuy Primary School
- December - Mitchell Reid, Year 6, Bees Creek Primary School